How do I write an eBook for Amazon?
Here’s how to publish an eBook:
- Write your eBook.
- Create an Amazon KDP account.
- Format your eBook for publishing.
- Add your eBook details.
- Choose keywords & categories.
- Select an eBook publishing date.
- Upload your eBook files.
- Publish your eBook.
How much does it cost to publish an eBook on Amazon?
Amazon charges $0.15 per megabyte (MB)—the file size of your Kindle eBook—for each book sold priced between $2.99 and $9.99. There is a minimum charge of $0.01 and delivery fees vary by country. There is no delivery fee for books priced below $2.99 or above $9.99.
Can I make my eBook free on Amazon?
Unfortunately, you cannot publish your eBook and set the price to “free” at Amazon. The minimum Amazon allows you to price your eBook is $0.99. The way Amazon makes an eBook free on the Kindle store is by using its secret algorithms to find a lower price elsewhere in the eBook marketplace.
How much money can you make from writing an eBook?
Will You Make Money? Of about 200,000 authors selling ebooks on Amazon, only about 5,000 — less than 3% — consistently earn $10,000 a year or better, according to the website Author Earnings. More than half of those are traditionally-published authors.
How does Amazon pay you for eBooks?
Amazon pays royalties only on eBooks, print books, and audiobooks that are sold and NOT refunded by customers. For eBook royalties, Amazon pays the author or publisher 60 days after the end of each month’s sales. … So you would receive royalty payments for your January eBook sales on April 1.
How many pages should an eBook be?
Ebook Word Count by Genre
A minimum count for a nonfiction ebook is about 10,000 words, as long as the content is solid. (Better to have solid, clear information than rambling to make a page count.) The average fiction book is about 80,000 to 100,000 words, which is about 246 to 307 ebook pages.
How do you publish an eBook and make money?
Follow these steps to earn as much money as you can selling eBooks:
- Choose a popular topic for your eBook. …
- Write your eBook to a high standard. …
- Choose the best-value publishing platform for you. …
- Develop a marketing strategy for your eBook. …
- Enter your eBook into writing competitions. …
- Publish a series of eBooks.
Do I need to copyright my book before publishing on Amazon?
Amazon does not require you to include a copyright page. If you would like your book to have a copyright page, you must incorporate it into your content file.
What percentage does Amazon take for eBooks?
Where can I promote my eBook for free?
Here’s a collection of the best book promotion sites that offer a range of options to promote your eBook.
- Freebooksy: The Best Book Promotion Site for Free eBooks. …
- Bargain Booksy: The Best Book Promotion Site for Discount eBooks. …
- Red Feather Romance: The Best Book Promotion Site for Romance eBooks.
How do I give my free eBook?
Using InstaFreebie to Giveaway Free Ebooks
- Step 1: Create an InstaFreebie account. If you don’t have one, the first thing to do will be to create an InstaFreebie account. …
- Step 2: Add a book and begin a giveaway. On the InstaFreebie dashboard, you’ll need to add a book. …
- Step 3: Direct readers to your giveaway page.
Where can I publish my eBook for free?
5 Awesome Sites where you can Publish your eBook for Free
- Amazon Kindle Direct Publishing (KDP) Amazon Kindle Direct Publishing (KDP) is a free e-publishing site that allows you to publish your eBook without paying a single penny to the publisher. …
- BookRix. …
- Smashwords. …
- Apple eBook Store.
Is selling eBooks profitable?
While selling e-books has the potential to be profitable, it’s not a business where you make hundreds of dollars per sale. To make money, you need to sustain high sales for months on end. Monitoring and processing these sales can be a time-consuming task unless you use tools to take care of some of the heavy lifting.
How much should I charge for an eBook?
In fact, the most commonly purchased ebooks range from $2.99 to $3.99, with $3.99 being most popular. At the same time, though, it’s important to realize that pricing your ebook higher means you could make more money selling fewer books.16 мая 2020 г.