What format does Amazon use for ebooks?
How do I write an eBook for Amazon?
Here’s how to publish an eBook:
- Write your eBook.
- Create an Amazon KDP account.
- Format your eBook for publishing.
- Add your eBook details.
- Choose keywords & categories.
- Select an eBook publishing date.
- Upload your eBook files.
- Publish your eBook.
How do you format an eBook?
How to Format Your Word or Pages Doc for Your eBook?
- Plain black text (font size of 12 is ideal)
- A basic font like Times New Roman or Arial.
- Line spacing of 1-1.5.
- No complex graphics (or no graphics at all)
- Only basic formatting options like bold and italic.
- Standard margins.
- Page breaks after each page.
How much does it cost to put an eBook on Amazon?
Amazon charges $0.15 per megabyte (MB)—the file size of your Kindle eBook—for each book sold priced between $2.99 and $9.99. There is a minimum charge of $0.01 and delivery fees vary by country. There is no delivery fee for books priced below $2.99 or above $9.99.
How do I make an eBook for free?
Make an eBook you can be proud of in 5 steps:
- Sign up for Venngage – it’s free.
- Write your eBook content and then pick a template that fits your manuscript.
- Customize your eBook cover, add or remove pages and edit page layouts.
- Customize your eBook template’s fonts, colors, images and charts.
How do I create an eBook for free on Amazon?
To set up a free book promotion, follow these steps:
- In your Bookshelf, click on the ellipsis button (“…”) under the Book Actions menu next to any book enrolled in KDP Select.
- Select “KDP Select Info”.
- Under “Run a Price Promotion”, select “Free Book Promotion”. …
- Click “Create a new Free Book Promotion”.
How many pages should an eBook be?
Ebook Word Count by Genre
A minimum count for a nonfiction ebook is about 10,000 words, as long as the content is solid. (Better to have solid, clear information than rambling to make a page count.) The average fiction book is about 80,000 to 100,000 words, which is about 246 to 307 ebook pages.
Are eBooks profitable?
While selling e-books has the potential to be profitable, it’s not a business where you make hundreds of dollars per sale. To make money, you need to sustain high sales for months on end. Monitoring and processing these sales can be a time-consuming task unless you use tools to take care of some of the heavy lifting.
How can I write an eBook faster?
Here’s a few tips to speed up your writing and get to 1000 words a day:
- Work on your ebook at the right time of day. If you’re focused and motivated in the mornings, write in the morning. …
- Turn off distractions when you’re writing. …
- Use a timer. …
- Don’t stop writing. …
- Don’t edit while you write.
How much does it cost to format an ebook?
Hire an ebook developer & graphic designer ($200-$2,500): Having your book manually formatted by a professional for both digital and print can cost anywhere from $200 to $2,500 according to Bibliocrunch’s Publishing Budget Tracker.
What format should I write my book in?
Use twelve point Times New Roman in black type only. Courier and Arial fonts may also be acceptable. Lines should be double spaced with no extra spaces between paragraphs. Single space between sentences after periods.
What is the average size of an ebook?
The average Kindle book size measured in page length is about three hundred pages, and the average Kindle e-book file size is 2.6 megabytes (MB). The average page size is 2 kilobytes (KB). But another question you should be asking is if the average Kindle book size is something you should worry about.
What percentage does Amazon take for eBooks?
Do I need to copyright my book before publishing on Amazon?
Amazon does not require you to include a copyright page. If you would like your book to have a copyright page, you must incorporate it into your content file.