How do I cite an eBook in APA?
To cite an ebook in your work, use the usual in-text citation format of author’s surname and year of publication. In an APA reference list entry, include the author’s last name and first initial, the year of publication, the italicized title of the book, and the retrieval information or DOI number.12 мая 2020 г.
How do you reference an eBook?
E-book (from the internet)
- Year of publication (in round brackets).
- Title of book (in italics).
- Place of publication: Publisher.
How do you reference an eBook in APA 6th edition?
- The Reference List entry for a whole e-book should include elements of author, date, title (with e-reader book type in square brackets, e.g. [Kindle version] if applicable.
- Italicise the title (but not the bracketed material), and source (URL or Digital Object Identifier (DOI)).
How do you cite a reference in APA format?
As a personal interview is not published or “findable,” it should not be included in an APA reference list. Instead, a personal interview should be referenced as a parenthetical citation. For example: (J. Smith, personal communication, May 17, 2008).
How do you cite an eBook without page numbers?
To cite a direct quotation, also provide page numbers if the e-book has page numbers. If there are no page numbers, you can include any of the following in the text to cite the quotation (see section 6.05 of the Publication Manual, pp.
Do you number the reference page in APA format?
The APA reference page is a separate page at the end of your paper where all sources you cited in the main text are listed. … Use “References” as page heading and include a running head with your paper title and page number.
Do eBooks have page numbers?
Well, here’s a surprise—eBooks don’t have page numbers. Because text reflows there are no page numbers in ebooks. … Some devices, like the Nook, create “faux” or fake page numbers, to give the human reading it a sense similar to that of a print book.
How do you reference an online article?
Include information in the following order:
- author (if available)
- year of publication.
- article title (between single quotation marks)
- newspaper title (in italics)
- date of article (day, month, page number—if given—and any additional information available)
- accessed day month year (the date you accessed the items)
How do you reference an article?
Basic format to reference journal articles
- Author or authors. The surname is followed by first initials.
- Year of publication of the article.
- Article title (in single inverted commas).
- Journal title (in italics).
- Volume of journal.
- Issue number of journal.
- Page range of article.
How do you cite an eBook with no author in APA?
If a book has no author or editor, begin the citation with the book title, followed by the year of publication in round brackets. If an author is also the publisher, put the word “Author” where you’d normally put the publisher name.
How do you reference an EPUB?
Begin with the publication information as you would cite a comparable print work: author (publication year), and title in italics. If the book is published in a universal standard, such as EPUB or PDF, end the citation with the source of retrieval, or the database from which the eBook was obtained.
Do eBooks have a DOI?
ISBNs are used to identify each unique publication whether in the form of a physical book or related materials such as eBooks, software, mixed media etc. The DOI® System offers a persistent actionable identifier for use on digital networks. A “DOI name” refers to the syntax string within the “DOI System”.
How do you do APA format for a website?
Revised on July 29, 2020. APA website citations usually include the author, the publication date, the title of the page or article, and the URL. If there is no author, start the citation with the title of the article. If the page is likely to change over time, add a retrieval date.
How do you do APA format?
The most important APA format guidelines in the 6th edition are:
- Use 12 pt Times New Roman.
- Set 1 inch page margins.
- Apply double line spacing.
- Insert a running head on every page.
- Indent every new paragraph ½ inch.