How do I cite an eBook in APA?
To cite an ebook in your work, use the usual in-text citation format of author’s surname and year of publication. In an APA reference list entry, include the author’s last name and first initial, the year of publication, the italicized title of the book, and the retrieval information or DOI number.12 мая 2020 г.
How do you reference an eBook?
E-book (from the internet)
- Year of publication (in round brackets).
- Title of book (in italics).
- Place of publication: Publisher.
How do you cite an online eBook?
Author’s Last Name, First Name. Title of Book: Subtitle if Any. Edition if given and is not first edition, e-book or eBook type if known, Publisher Name often shortened, Year of publication. Note: If you know the type of eBook you consulted (e.g. Kindle, EPUB), specify it instead of “e-book”.7 мая 2020 г.
How do you cite an eBook with no page numbers in APA?
The APA Publication Manual says, on pages 171-172, you should include author, year, and other identifying information for quotes when there are no page numbers. Basic Format: Author Last Name, First Initial. (Year). Title of book [E-reader version, if applicable].
How do you cite an ebook in APA 7?
Author: Talty, S.
- Begin the reference with the author’s last name first. …
- Next, add the date the book was published. …
- Next, add the title and subtitle of the book. …
- Complete the reference with the name of the publisher. …
- For more information about book references, see page 321 of the APA Manual, 7th edition.
Do you number the reference page in APA format?
The APA reference page is a separate page at the end of your paper where all sources you cited in the main text are listed. … Use “References” as page heading and include a running head with your paper title and page number.
How do you cite an online document?
Include information in the following order:
- author (the person or organisation responsible for the site)
- year (date created or last updated)
- page title (in italics)
- name of sponsor of site (if available)
- accessed day month year (the day you viewed the site)
- URL or Internet address (pointed brackets).
How do I cite an online PDF?
Always cite the PDF based on what the source in the file actually is.
- In MLA formatting, you can change the medium description to “PDF file.”
- In an APA citation, cite a PDF the same way you would cite a webpage, and include the PDF link as the URL.
Do eBooks have page numbers?
Well, here’s a surprise—eBooks don’t have page numbers. Because text reflows there are no page numbers in ebooks. … Some devices, like the Nook, create “faux” or fake page numbers, to give the human reading it a sense similar to that of a print book.
How do you cite a chapter in a book in APA in text?
Article or Chapter in an Edited Book
- In-Text Citation (Paraphrase): (Author Surname [of Chapter or Article], Year)
- In-Text Citation (Quotation): (Author Surname [of Chapter or Article], Year, page number)
- References: Author Surname [of Chapter or Article], First Initial. Second Initial. ( Year). Article.
How do I cite an online book without page numbers?
In-Text No Page Numbers (Internet Resources) [6.05]
- Use the author or author’s surname(s), the date of publication, paragraph number.
- If no author is given, use the title of the document or headings.
- Do not include initials or full names of the author or author’s first name(s)
What if there is no page number for APA citation?
No Page Numbers
If a citation would normally include page numbers but none are provided, skip the page numbers in the citation. When quoting directly in the text of your paper, you would normally include page numbers if they were given.