Do you need a Kobo to read an eBook?
You can read eBooks on your Kobo eReader or Kobo Books app. To listen to audiobooks, you’ll need to use the Kobo Books app for iOS or Android.
What is Kobo eBook format?
Kobo e-readers support viewing Epub, Adobe PDF, plain text, HTML, and unprotected Mobipocket (mobi, prc) e-books. They also support many other formats, such as ZIM, unofficially.
What devices can you read Kobo books on?
Kobo eBooks on Other Devices
- iPad/iPhone/iPod Touch.
- Android Devices (Nexus 7, Samsung Galaxy Tab, Android Phones)
- Sony Reader or other compatible E-Ink device.
- Kobo eBooks are not compatible with Amazon Kindle.
Can I share a Kobo eBook?
At this time, there is no way to lend or share your Kobo books with another person. The books in your Kobo Library are linked to your Kobo account and password. If you need further help an English-language Agent can assist you.
How do I download eBooks to my Kobo?
- Go to kobo.com.
- Sign in to your account.
- Open your account details with one of these options: On your computer: Click My Account next to the Profile icon at the top right of the page. …
- Click My Books.
- Click the Actions icon beside book title or cover: List view. …
- Click Download.
- Click Download file.
Is Kobo better than Kindle?
Kobo Forma: Perfect for late-night readers
Granted, Kobo is nowhere near as well known as Kindle but it does offer some features that Amazon can’t. … Kobo ebook readers are able to read more formats than Kindle devices too, and you can even access the free OverDrive ebook library service.
Can I read a PDF on my Kobo?
You can add non-protected PDF files and non-protected ePub files onto your Kobo eReader. … On your eReader, tap Connect when you see the ‘Computer detected’ window. On your computer, look for a drive named ‘KOBOeReader’. Drag the PDF or ePub files into the ‘Kobo eReader’ drive.
Can you print Kobo eBooks?
Print Kobo eBooks
If you are using a Mac computer, you can just open the PDF files with the native software — Preview. Click on the “Print” icon at the top menu bar, then choose the pages that you would like to print and hit the “Print” button. These are all the steps you need to take to print Kobo eBooks.
Which is the best ebook reader?
Best e-reader for 2020
- Best all-around ebook reader. Kindle Paperwhite. $130 at Amazon.
- Best premium ebook reader. Kindle Oasis. $250 at Amazon.
- Best budget e-reader. Amazon Kindle 2019. $90 at Amazon.
- Best non-Amazon e-reader. Kobo Libra H20. $170 at Walmart.
Can I read Kobo books on my phone?
The Kobo Books app for Android lets you read eBooks and listen to audiobooks on your Android devices. Go to the Google Play store and search for Kobo Books to get the free app.
Can I read Amazon books on Kobo?
When you want to share your Kindle books with your friend who has a Kobo eReader, you will find that the Kindle books are not available on Kobo. There are two reasons to make it failed. … Most Kindle books are MOBI format while Kobo supports eBooks in EPUB format. So you cannot read Kindle books on Kobo directly.
How do I get books on my Kobo?
The ‘My Books’ menu shows you all the eBooks that are on your Kobo eReader.
- Go to your Home screen.
- Tap the. My Books icon at the bottom of the screen.
- Tap on a book cover to open a book.
How do I share an eBook with a friend?
Here’s what you have to do:
- Log into your Amazon account as you would normally, and head to the Manage Your Content and Devices page.
- Click the Actions button next to the book or magazine title you want to loan, and select Loan this title.
- Enter the recipient’s email address and an optional message.
- Click Send now.
Can I transfer my books from one kobo to another?
Once you’ve set up your new device, you can transfer PDF and/or EPUB books from the old device to the new one. Connect your old device to your computer. … Using your file manager (Windows Explorer or Finder), drag your folder of books to the icon representing your Kobo eReader. This will copy them to the device.