What is the average length of an ebook?
The average fiction book is about 80,000 to 100,000 words, which is about 246 to 307 ebook pages. The length can vary greatly between genres, though. This is for full-length novels. However, many authors, frustrated with the low price of ebooks, have taken to writing ebooks that are between 40,000 and 50,000.
How much money can you make from writing an ebook?
Will You Make Money? Of about 200,000 authors selling ebooks on Amazon, only about 5,000 — less than 3% — consistently earn $10,000 a year or better, according to the website Author Earnings. More than half of those are traditionally-published authors.
How do I best sell an ebook?
Write the Absolute Best Content You Can
- Make it easy to read. Explain things in simple terms — so a child to understand. This might bother you, but if your book is hard to read, it won’t sell.
- Organize it logically. Let each chapter serve a bigger purpose. …
- Make it believable. Share something new.
How much can I sell my ebook for?
Think about percentages
One of the biggest factors to consider in pricing your eBook is the percentage of sales you’ll receive from the retailers. Amazon pays out a royalty of 70% on all Kindle titles priced between $2.99 to $9.99. For eBooks priced below $2.99 and above $9.99, Amazon pays out only 35%.
Are eBooks profitable?
While selling e-books has the potential to be profitable, it’s not a business where you make hundreds of dollars per sale. To make money, you need to sustain high sales for months on end. Monitoring and processing these sales can be a time-consuming task unless you use tools to take care of some of the heavy lifting.
How do I protect my eBook?
12 Ways to Prevent Ebook Theft
- This hits’em squarely in the pocketbook! …
- Name Your File Correctly. …
- Use a Digital Service Provider. …
- Change Download Link Regularly. …
- Prevent File Sharing. …
- Use Anti-Theft Ebook Software. …
- Password Protect Your Ebook Files. …
- Do Periodic Checks.
Is publishing an ebook worth it?
However, if you have some spare time and believe that being able to point to the fact that you’re a published author on Amazon will help boost your credentials or career, then it’s worth it. Self publishing on Amazon is also worth it if you can use the clicks and views that your eBook receives to boost another venture.
Is it free to publish an ebook?
Self-publish eBooks and paperbacks for free with Kindle Direct Publishing, and reach millions of readers on Amazon. Get to market fast. Publishing takes less than 5 minutes and your book appears on Kindle stores worldwide within 24-48 hours. … Publish Kindle eBooks and paperbacks for free on KDP.
How do you write an ebook in 30 days?
Here’s a few tips to speed up your writing and get to 1000 words a day:
- Work on your ebook at the right time of day. If you’re focused and motivated in the mornings, write in the morning. …
- Turn off distractions when you’re writing. …
- Use a timer. …
- Don’t stop writing. …
- Don’t edit while you write.
What types of eBooks sell best?
The Top 10 Non-Fiction Categories on Amazon Kindle (eBooks)
- Business & Money (123)
- Self-Help (146)
- Cook Books, Food & Wine (171)
- Politics & Social Sciences (180)
- Health, Fitness & Dieting (202)
- Parenting & Relationships (327)
- Crafts, Hobbies & Home (1,309)
- Education & Teaching (1,483)
Where should I sell my ebook?
8 amazing websites to sell your eBook on
- Google Play.
How do I get my ebook noticed?
Let’s get started!
- Create a killer landing page. …
- Promote it within your website. …
- Use supporting content formats. …
- Go all-out on social media. …
- Explore other content sharing platforms. …
- Use free tools to make your eBook go viral. …
- Try guest blogging on authority sites. …
- Invest time in traditional email outreach.
How much should you price your ebook?
In fact, the most commonly purchased ebooks range from $2.99 to $3.99, with $3.99 being most popular. At the same time, though, it’s important to realize that pricing your ebook higher means you could make more money selling fewer books. Let’s suppose you sell 100 ebooks.16 мая 2020 г.
How much does an ebook design cost?
Hire an ebook developer & graphic designer ($200-$2,500): Having your book manually formatted by a professional for both digital and print can cost anywhere from $200 to $2,500 according to Bibliocrunch’s Publishing Budget Tracker.